PyCharm Installation- Step by Step Guide
How to Install PyCharm in Kali Linux
In this post, am going to show you how to install PyCharm in Kali Linux. The steps followed in this post is same to all other debian Linux distributions.
PyCharm is an integrated development environment used in computer programming, specifically for the Python language. It is developed by the Czech company JetBrains.
- Download and Extract zip file
- Install PyCharm
- Add icon to Desktop
Download and Extract PyCharm zip file:
Installing PyCharm is pretty simple.
- Open pycharm’s official website and download the zip file.
Here, the community version is free, but for the professional version, you need to buy the license. I will be working on the community version.
After downloading the zip package, first of all extract it.
- Open the terminal and switch the directory to where the extracted file was located. Also switch the directory to bin directory.
mk007@linuxlia:~ cd /Downloads/PyCharm/Bin
- Now run the following commend for executing the packages.
mk007@linuxlia:~ /Downloads/Pycharnm/Bin$ sudo ./pycharm.sh
- Choose the theme and click ‘OK’. I prefer for dark one.
- Now choose the path where you want to save the script. I prefer for default path. So, I click enter.
- If you need any plugin, then click or choose the plugins and install it.
- Finally it was installed successfully.
Add icon to Desktop:
- Open the installed App and click Configure.
- Here click ‘Create Desktop Entry’ option.
- Click ‘OK’ for adding icon to the desktop.
Check out the PyCharm Tutorial for becoming a successful developer.
If you have any doubts about this post please leave a comment otherwise ping me in Instagram. Am ready to solve your doubts.